Appointment of Chairman and Members of the Competition Commission of Brunei Darussalam
By command of His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien, Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, it is hereby announced that His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam has consented to the appointment of Yang Berhormat Dayang Nik Hafimi binti Abdul Haadii as the Chairman of the Competition Commission of Brunei Darussalam with date of appointment effective 28 Rabiulawal 1440H corresponding 6 December 2018M.
The newly appointed Chairman of the Competition Commission of Brunei Darussalam will be joined by six senior officers appointed as the members of the Competition Commission of Brunei Darussalam:
- Yang Mulia Pengiran Haji Kamaruldzaman bin Pengiran Haji Mohd Ishak, Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Primary Resources and Tourism (new appointment);
- Yang Mulia Pengiran Hajah Zety Sufina binti Pengiran Dato Paduka Haji Sani, Permanent Secretary (Performance and Corporate) at the Ministry of Finance and Economy as the Deputy Chair of the State Tender Board (new appointment);
- Yang Mulia Dr Dayang Hajah May Fa'ezah binti Haji Ahmad Ariffin, Permanent Secretary (Economy) at the Ministry of Finance and Economy (new appointment);
- Yang Mulia Dayang Hajah Nor Hashimah binti Haji Mohd Taib, Assistant Solicitor General at the Attorney General's (new appointment);
- Yang Mulia Awang Mohammad Harris bin Brigadier General (B) Dato Paduka Haji Ibrahim, Head of the FDI Action and Support Center (FAST); and
- Yang Mulia Dr Joyce Teo Siew Yean, Assistant Vice Chancellor (Global Affairs) at the University of Brunei Darussalam.
The Competition Commission of Brunei Darussalam was established on 1 August 2017, as an independent body with the mandate to promote business competition in Brunei Darussalam through the enforcement of the Competition Order 2015, towards enhancing market efficiency and consumer welfare in the country.