Order No. 2/2020 of MmCC
Myanmar Competition Commission issued the Order No.2/2020 in exercise of the power conferred under section 56, sub-section (b) of the Competition Law on 25 March 2020. According to this order:
1. Businessmen shall be aware of and comply with the following prohibitions on sale promotion for ensuring to develop free and fair competition among businesses (including services), enhance fair competition in the market uniformly, enjoy equality and prevent damage to the public interests;
- Conducting a public advertisement or any other sale promotion method for a business requires the use of accurate and accountable or fully warranted wording, presentation, writing, symbol/logo and facts.
- The use of false, untrue, misleading, deceptive or reasoned to deceive the public wording, presentation, writing, symbol/logo and facts is prohibited.
- The use of wording, presentation, writing, symbol/logo and facts that may damage, put at disadvantage or disrupt the business operations of other businesses is prohibited.
- The use of language, presentation, wording, logo and facts that may resemble or be imitative of other businesses is prohibited.
- Businesses that intend to publicize their reception of recommendation or recognition from an organization shall have or submit accurate and strong evidence provided by the relevant organization.
2. Any businessman shall be aware of and comply with these prohibitions on sale promotion described in the above paragraph 1 and failure to comply shall be penalized in line either with the management method prescribed in the Competition Law or with the Criminal Law.