1. The Philippine Competition Commission (PCC) launches its PCC Long-term Research Program (PLRP) to advance research in the field of competition policy and law (CPL) in the Philippines. The program aims to encourage scholarly research to support merger and acquisition reviews, competition enforcement and advocacy initiatives of the PCC; fund research projects on CPL; and disseminate research findings that address competition issues especially from a developing country perspective.
2. For its inaugural research support, PCC invites employees of the PCC and external researchers to submit proposals on any of the following areas of research: monitoring and impact assessment of PCC interventions, market and institutional design, and the priority areas and/or issues identified by the Commission for 2019.
Eligibility and funding
3. The call for proposals is open to all employees of the PCC, and external researchers worldwide who are interested in collaborating with PCC on a research study. Each applicant team must include at least one PCC employee.
4. Each proposal selected for support shall receive a funding of up to PHP 1 Million to cover the cost of data gathering, hiring of research assistants, presentation in conferences, and other research-related activities.
5. Final research projects must be completed by 30 September 2020, but preliminary results must be submitted by 31 December 2019.
6. All applicants are required to complete the Project Proposal Form and submit the application by 5 pm Manila time, 29 March 2019. Please refer to the PLRP Guidelines on Research Support for more details on the application and evaluation of proposals.
7. The completed Project Proposal Form, and a cover letter addressed to the Executive Director must be submitted via email with subject “PLRP Project Proposal 2019”. The printed copy of the cover letter and the completed Project Proposal Form must be sent to the following address:
Office of the Executive Director
Philippine Competition Commission
25th Floor Vertis North Corporate Center
Tel. No: (+632) 771 9722